Just this morning (at around 5:00amCST to be precise) I was worrying about what I could post on my blog. I had done a post every day since February started and I didn’t want to lose that streak. Although let’s be real, it will probably end after today. Because I am out of creative ideas. And I’m lazy.
But luckily, my dear friend, Emma, tagged me in the Sunshine Blogger Award with some seriously hilarious and thought provoking questions. I must say, before we get into things, you all must go check her blog out. She is amazingly witty and I just love everything about her blog. So go do it, after you look at this post.
Alright. Let’s get down to business.
∇Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
∇Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
∇Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
∇List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog. (Emmaaaaa, where is the graphic?? lol!)
1. Kiss, marry, kill: The main characters of the last three fiction books you read.
I guess I would say marry Catherine, kiss Luc and kill Anna. Nothing against Anna, of course. I just like Catherine more. And I think marrying Lucifer would be a bit too much for me to handle.
2. Would you rather be an elegant princess/prince type character in a fairytale, or a witchy badass villain?
I have always wanted to rule a kingdom. I’d say a princess. Plus I get to wear pretty dresses.
3. You fall into a pit of acid or get bit by an exotic spider or into a verbal altercation with a wizard, and you’re given the power to pull things out of books. Which book are you reaching into first???
Road to Eugenica. I would love to have the abilities that Drea has. The world of Eugencia sounds really cool and high tech. Just my type.
4. You’re being sent to a desert island and you can only bring one book, and it has to be one you haven’t read yet. What book are you bringing?
Well there goes my Harry Potter book. Let’s see. searches tbr shelf on Goodreads frantically. Let’s go The Divine Comedy by Dante. That should keep me plenty busy.
5. Link your favorite blog post of yours!
It would have to be my anxiety post. It took a lot of courage for me to post it and the reception I got was overwhelming and made my heart so happy and full. I poured my heart into it and I hope that it reaches an author somewhere. Anxiety rep is so important to me as I suffer from anxiety daily.
6. Which Hogwarts house would you most want to be in, and which do you want to be in least?
I really wanted to be in Ravenclaw. I loved that they were about learning and creativity. I didn’t really want to be in Hufflepuff. Nothing against Hufflepuffs, I just don’t like the color combo. Man, I’m shallow.
7. Would you rather have a pet unicorn or grow a mermaid’s tail when you touch water?
A pet unicorn because I am afraid of water and cannot swim. Plus unicorns are cool!
8. The last book you gave 5 stars and the last book you gave 1 star?
The last book I gave 5 stars to was The Burial Society. It was seriously one of the best book I’ve read to date.
I have yet to give out a 1 star but the last 2 star I gave out was for Margaret Tudor, Queen of Scots. I was just so disappointed by how it was laid out and how fast it progressed. I wanted to know everything about King Henry’s favorite sister.
9. Who’s a popular author you’re just…not that into?
I guess Sarah J Maas. I mean, I’m digging her Throne of Glass series but I’m not loving it. I think she was just super hyped up and I felt really let down with Caleana and my ships. I have also heard that SJM destroys characters for no reason so that is kind of not great.
10. Show you’re currently watching, or last one you watched?
Right now, a lot of my shows on either done for the season or making their way to Hulu/Netflix. With the exception of Lucifer. So I suppose my answer is Lucifer. I guess I just could have said that right away.
11. Picture this: You’re at the altar, about to say “I do” to Cornelius (or Cornelia) Wainwright III, a disgraced businessperson who is only marrying you for your chocolate factory fortune. You dramatically say “I can’t do this” – which fictional character or celebrity do you confess your love to instead?
These questions though! I guess I would have say Akaran from The Star-Touched Queen because it’s a Hades/Persephone retelling and I love Hades. He’s so underrated. Although, if Katharine from Three Dark Crowns came to rescue me, I wouldn’t say no to her either.
tags and questions;
So this is the part where I am supposed to tag people and come up with questions. Ugh. I’m bad at tagging people. I think most of the people I follow have done this already. So I’m copping out and breaking the rules. If you haven’t been tagged and want to do it, go ahead! Ping me back so I can look at your answers.
Which means I not have to come up with questions. Le sigh.
- What do you do to get through a reading slump?
- Pick the 23 book on your bookshelf, open it to the 86 page and find the 13th line. Type it out for me.
- What is the one book that completely shaped who you are today?
- What are 3 (three) things you would ask your favorite author?
- What is one hyped up book that actually lived up to its hype?
- Do you prefer a character driven book or a plot driven book?
- What’s one book that had a better sequel than the its predecessor?
- Do you watch the movie before the book or read the book before the movie?
- Any fandoms you belong to? Doesn’t have to be bookish related.
- What is a book you bought/got from the library strictly for the cover?
- What is one review you are most proud of?