Every review that I do is based on my own opinion, whether it be positive or negative. If I receive an ARC or a book that is given to me in exchange for an honest review, I will be sure to mention that in my review but it will in no way affect how I feel about the book. I strive to make sure that my readers know that I will be honest and fair no matter what.
How I generally do my reviews is I start out with a link to Goodreads that is located on the cover of the book so one can read the blurb about the book. I then talk about the characters and I felt about them. I talk about the plot and how I felt about it as well. My emotions while reading are a big part of what makes a book good or bad for me. I try to not post any spoilers. If I have to post a spoiler for whatever reason, I will link it to my Goodreads review so one can see the tag there.
As of now, I would accept ebooks in the mobi or epub format. But if you are a publishing company or indie author and want to send me a physical ARC, send me an email: lacymiri [at] hotmail [dot] com and we’ll chat.
Genres I accept:
- biography– preferably from the 16th century and beyond of the UK and Russia. But I will accept other biographies, such as about a person, as well, if they sound interesting to me.
- nonfiction– preferences leaning towards mental health (anxiety, OCD, PTSD, schizophrenia), World WarII, Russia and the UK (during the 16th century and beyond).
- YA- preferably dsytopian, contemporary, historical and romance but I will accept just about any YA.
- historical fiction– see biography for what I accept in this category. I don’t care for US historical fiction books unless it is WWII related.
- new adult– this can be anything as long as the synopsis sounds good.
- erotica– this can be anything as long at the synopsis sounds good.
Genres I may/may not accept:
- science fiction
- magical realism
Genres I will not accept:
- manga– you can’t talk me into accepting this. I just don’t enjoy those type of books.
- religion– the exception being if it is historical based or angel/demon storylines. No religious contemporaries or self help religious books.
If you think I would enjoy a book under my may/may not and will not accept sections, feel free to send me a synopsis of it. I can be talked into books pretty easily if they are sold right. If you have any questions about my review policy, feel free to contact me using the links on my contact page.